SPUG: spug-list Digest, Vol 32, Issue 10

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Tue Feb 21 14:01:50 PST 2006

We would all appreciate earlier notice. But to make an announcement, we
have to first know the Who-What-Where-When. We almost always know the
When. The Where is relatively stable thanks to all our generous hosts over
the years. Finding the Who is usually finalized at least a couple weeks
before the meeting. It's getting the What from the Who that requires the
most effort (usually in the form of pestering them, which is hard for me
to do). My observation is that most folks base their decision on whether
to come or not on the Who and the What. If the good SPUG-folk were only
interested in the Where and When, we'd have packed meetings all of the
time (or more discussions about Where and When).

It used to be largely just me dealing with all these W's (and before that,
Tim went to even greater lengths by filling in a couple of those W's
himself on many, many occasions). Now there's a group, the SPUG Workers,
who volunteer to help get the W's together. You can learn more about the
SPUG Workers at,

including archives of the group's activity. The group is just starting
out, so don't expect miracles yet. As you have all probably noticed, I'm
partial to at least some organization as far as conducting regular
meetings (again, if it was just Where and When...).

So, we'll all work on getting all the W's together sooner so more people
have the opportunity to decide if they can afford the time.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.