[singapore-pm] Thanks for an awesome Perl Meetup last week!

Gaurav Vaidya gaurav at ggvaidya.com
Sun Aug 9 12:49:03 PDT 2009

Hey everybody,

This is long overdue, but thanks so much for the wonderful Perl
Mongers meetup last week. A writeup [1] and some photos [2] are now
finally online. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, hope you all did as well,
and look forward to a bigger and better Meetup #2.

I think some of you aren't on the mailing lists [3]; the mailing list
is the best place to find out about upcoming events and chat with the
other Mongers. Of course, I'll probably be advertising the meetup on
all the places I advertised it last time, so you probably won't miss
out even if you don't.

Singapore.pm is one of the open source groups working with the Free
and Open Source Alliance, Singapore (FOSA.sg) [6]. FOSA.sg is working
hard to organize Software Freedom Day Singapore 2009 [7] on the 18th
and 19th of September, 2009; events will be organized at SMU on both
days, with an open software celebration at the plaza of the National
Library at Bugis all day Saturday. I'll forward full programmes to
Singapore.pm once they become available, but if you want to help make
SFDS awesome, please see the website for details on helping us or drop
me an e-mail.

If you're interested in other open source projects or open source in
general, check out LUGS' list [4]. In particular, one of the biggest
regular get togethers of open source geeks is the monthly Singapore
Linux Meetup Group [5].

Once again, thanks so much to you all for coming, and I hope to see
you again in September!

cheers,
Gaurav

[1] http://code.ggvaidya.com/2009/08/singapore-perl-mongers-meetup-1-adagio.html