[singapore-pm] perlish points

Gaurav Vaidya gaurav at ggvaidya.com
Sun Aug 2 22:54:44 PDT 2009

2009/8/3 Patrick Haller <singapore-pm at haller.ws>:
> Glad to put some faces to names on Saturday.
And photographs to faces, which I'll blog about Any Day Now. :)

> I've written up some of the
> things I've tried to do with perl at:
Oh wow, that's a lot of links to go over! Hooray, stuff to read :).
Expect comments.

> Let me know what you think. I find it super useful to treat a blog like
> an engineering log, just put the stuff in there that you're working on.
Agreed, particularly half-ideas or suggestions that somebody else can
get excited about and work on. Documenting stuff is great, too [1] - I
can't count the number of times I've found a bug documented in someone
else's blog.

> Does anyone else blog about perl?
I signed up to the Iron Man of Perl contest [2], so I _ought_ to be,
but I haven't in a very long time now [3]. Iron Man is brilliant,
though, and the Planet page itself is on my very-frequently-read list
[4]. I'd encourage everybody who blogs about Perl to sign up!

cheers,
Gaurav

[1] http://code.ggvaidya.com/2009/05/bundling-amazon-ec2-linux-instance-into.html
[2] http://www.enlightenedperl.org/ironman.html