[sf-perl] LinuxWorld Expo - Demo -- Need help ASAP

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 6 21:44:34 PDT 2007

Well, I haven't worked on that setup in particular, but I remember
something about env vars when I was playing with Postgres ages ago.

Did you already look at the ENV vars for the user that can use the
module from the cmdline and copy them into the apache config for the
CGI?

I wouldn't normally post this minor a guess, but you seem desperate...
-- Mike

On Aug 6, 2007, at 9:38 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> All,
>
>>> When we installed DBD::Pg, the configure magically 'found' that
>>> Postgres
>>> was actually installed in a local directory of the current (admin)
>>> user, not in /usr/local
>>> So the DBD:Pg test ran fine, and generally can access a running
>>> database fine..
>>>
>>> its just when the same code runs as a CGI, access fails.. Josh
>>> changed
>>> access
>>> to a library (libpq ?), but that alone did not fix it..
>
> Anyone?  I'll have about 15 minutes tommorrow morning to fix this
> before
> the show opens.  We need some kind of quick-and-dirty way to fix the
> permissions for the CGI user to access DBD::Pg (actually, libpq.5.so
> appears to be the main issue) or to quickly and reliably rebuild it in
> another location.
>
> --Josh

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>