[sf-perl] LinuxWorld Expo - Demo -- Need help ASAP

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Mon Aug 6 21:38:08 PDT 2007

All,

>> When we installed DBD::Pg, the configure magically 'found' that
>> Postgres
>> was actually installed in a local directory of the current (admin)
>> user, not in /usr/local
>> So the DBD:Pg test ran fine, and generally can access a running
>> database fine..
>>
>> its just when the same code runs as a CGI, access fails.. Josh changed
>> access
>> to a library (libpq ?), but that alone did not fix it..

Anyone?  I'll have about 15 minutes tommorrow morning to fix this before
the show opens.  We need some kind of quick-and-dirty way to fix the
permissions for the CGI user to access DBD::Pg (actually, libpq.5.so
appears to be the main issue) or to quickly and reliably rebuild it in
another location.

--Josh