[sf-perl] LinuxWorld Expo - Demo

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Aug 6 21:46:29 PDT 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Brian Hamlin wrote:

> another twist on the SF Expo: Josh and I were at the booth this
> afternoon, moving over a nifty demo app I wrote at a contest at MIT last
> January, that uses Postgres, Perl and the Google Maps API in the
> browser.
>
> Funny thing was.. it worked fine on my machine  ;-)
> --
> DBD::Pg can't read from Postgres while executing as a CGI
> yet from the command line, DBD::Pg can read just fine!! vexing!

Apache lets you configure the user it runs things as with a "User"
directive, usually in the main Apache configuration.  Have you tried
having Apache simply run as *you*?

Email me off-list if you want more help with this, and if you're totally
confused attach your Apache config file or give me SSH access.

-- Asheesh.

--
Bingo, gas station, hamburger with a side order of airplane noise,
and you'll be Gary, Indiana. - Jessie in the movie "Greaser's Palace"