[Qatar-pm] [List] Peninsula features

Nigel Gourlay ngourlay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 04:02:24 PDT 2008

> Hi Guy's you think it's a good idea to publish some of our work with
> Qatar papers, especially VoIP thing? I remember last time Qatar's news
> about the VoIP issue and put some poor Bangladeshi behind bars :(  and
> they exaggerate that 'ALL VOIP must not be used in Qatar'

I'm just back from a meeting with Qtel, and brought up the subject of
Asterisk. I need to wait until I hear back from them, but I don't
think they're overly bothered about businesses managing their own PBXs
or using Skype. However, they don't like unregistered Internet cafes,
which have been targeted recently.

>From what I hear, there have been some changes within Qtel, and they
have become slightly more sane recently, but others may disagree.

--nigel