Newbie interested in joining

Jeff Zucker jeff at vpservices.com
Thu Feb 8 11:29:13 CST 2001

MarkyMoon wrote:

> ... I am basically a  Perl
> newbie (but not for long, thanks to a certain monger's swell books) and I was
> wondering if I would be completely out of place or are there other beginners
> involved with the group?

Hi Mark,

I can't speak for the rest of the group, but as far as I am concerned,
we're open to anyone with an interest in Perl, regardless of their
experience/competence level.  We're all in the process of learning, just
at different stages in the process.

--
Jeff Zucker

I have tried calling the contact number for Maria
> Webster that is listed in Computer Bits but it is apparently the wrong number
> (oddly enough the number does belong to an IT manager, but the roomate who
> answered the phone wasn't sure if that person is involved with the Perl
> Mongers).  I  also didn't receive any response from the listed e-mail
> addresses in the magazine or on the web site.
>
>  Also, the IT manager at my day job is interested in joining as well. If
> anyone could give me a little info I'd be forever greatful.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Smith
>
> Joshua Keroes wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > So, back to the main question... when's the next pdx.pm
> > three hour cruise?
>
> --
>
> That pesky MarkyMoon guy
>
> Zen by Design