Newbie interested in joining

Eli Smith lordomar at speakeasy.org
Thu Feb 8 11:41:39 CST 2001

Well I'm also a relative newbie who has never attended a meeting before, but I'm
planning on showing up to this one (well i kind of observed a meeting when one
was taking place, and joined after talking to a few people there).

The thing I like about the pdx mongers is thier acceptance of perl entusiasts
despite their skill level.

In short, I'll be there too, so you won't be alone.

Eli Smith
______________________
"Fukui-san?"
"Yes Ota."
http://www.eristic.com

On 8 Feb 2001, Jeff Zucker wrote:

> MarkyMoon wrote:
> >
> > ... I am basically a  Perl
> > newbie (but not for long, thanks to a certain monger's swell books) and I was
> > wondering if I would be completely out of place or are there other beginners
> > involved with the group?
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> I can't speak for the rest of the group, but as far as I am concerned,
> we're open to anyone with an interest in Perl, regardless of their
> experience/competence level.  We're all in the process of learning, just
> at different stages in the process.
>
> --
> Jeff Zucker
>

> I have tried calling the contact number for Maria
> > Webster that is listed in Computer Bits but it is apparently the wrong number
> > (oddly enough the number does belong to an IT manager, but the roomate who
> > answered the phone wasn't sure if that person is involved with the Perl
> > Mongers).  I  also didn't receive any response from the listed e-mail
> > addresses in the magazine or on the web site.
> >
> >  Also, the IT manager at my day job is interested in joining as well. If
> > anyone could give me a little info I'd be forever greatful.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark Smith
> >
> > Joshua Keroes wrote:
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > So, back to the main question... when's the next pdx.pm
> > > three hour cruise?
> >
> > --
> >
> > That pesky MarkyMoon guy
> >
> > Zen by Design