[Omaha.pm] Perl question

Wendy Moroz wmoroz18 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:12:07 PDT 2010

Hi - this is my first time asking a question, so I am not sure if I'm doing
this right.

I am a new Perl user - this is my very first attempt at trying to run a Perl
command.  It is for my class, and I really need some help.

I have the file chmod'ed so I am able to execute commands.  I also have the
shebang, strict, and warnings lines entered and everything is typed
correctly.

I tried the "Hello World" line by entering this:   print "hello world. \n"

When I key that in, nothing happens.  This seems like an incredibly easy
command, yet for the life of me I can't figure out what am I doing wrong??
When you ask Perl to output (print) something, how/where is it supposed to
show up?

Thanks
Wendy