[oak perl] Andreessen says PHP suceeding over Java

Michael Ruggiero mruggiero at formfactor.com
Fri Oct 21 09:11:24 PDT 2005

Where I work, they are touting SOA, and say that "you won't need to
write any code... it'll be great." One illusion these technologies offer
is the idea that a "new" thing will sort of elimiate the need to write
code. We're investing in Oracle tools that are really expensive, but
managers really believe that, by moving icons around in a "studio,"
they'll create wonderful applications without touching dirty code.
Because it's "new."  It's really the worst kind of magical thinking. "It
sounds good; therefore it is good."