[oak perl] seeking comments on a perl tutorial I just found on web

Jon Seidel, CMC jseidel at edpci.com
Wed Jan 12 19:46:24 PST 2005

I'll second Belden's comment... buy the "Learning Perl" book. It's a great
tutorial and I kept going back to it once I had gotten through it.

...jon

> On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 01:36, Stephen Kolupaev wrote:
>> Having followed the burst of tutoring activity
>> on the list,  which I support,
>> I found an intriguing perl tutorial at
>>
>>     http://www.pathologyinformatics.org/downloads/tutor.htm
>>
>> It is a large list of short examples,
>> many with detailed commentary on what the example code does.
>>
>> Has anyone seen this before?
>> Anybody have comments on it?
>
> What is the advantage of a tutorial over a book? http://learn.perl.org
> has two books listed which claim to be tutorials; "Learning Perl"
> is one of them.
>
> If the goal of using an online tutorial is to save money ("not buy a
> book"), then allow me to recommend the excellent and free Beginning
> Perl http://learn.perl.org/library/beginning_perl/ by Simon Cozens.
>
> Belden

      Connecting Business and Technology

Jon Seidel, CMC                   +1-510-530-6314
EDP Consulting, Inc.                www.edpci.com

CMC (Certified Management Consultant) is a certification mark awarded by
the Institute of Management Consultants USA and represents evidence of the
highest standards of consulting and adherence to the ethical canons of the
profession. Less than 1% of all consultants have achieved this level of
performance. See www.imcusa.org/hireacmc.acgi.