[oak perl] perl array question

Sandy Santra santranyc at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 22:55:39 PST 2005

Thanks David (Fetter), Steve, and Jon for your answers to
my array question.  I'm getting a clearer picture now.
(And thanks Belden and Kester to your answers on my earlier
question re command line execution).

Steve, I'm fascinated by the parallel array code you quoted:

>my @names = ('Bob', 'Bruce', >'Bonehead', 'Bob');
>my @ages = (12, 20, 13, 20);
>
>for my $i (0..$#names) {
>print "$names[$i] is $args[$i]
>milliseconds old.\n";
>  }

and can't wait to try it out.  (I know it's simple, but
for me grasping this iteration implementation is a big leap.)

I think I need to keep going for awhile before I see the
bigger picture, but it really helps to stop occasionally
to ask a question and get such informed, friendly responses.

--Sandy Santra