[oak perl] seeking comments on a perl tutorial I just found on web

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Wed Jan 12 11:34:59 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 01:36, Stephen Kolupaev wrote:
> Having followed the burst of tutoring activity
> on the list,  which I support,
> I found an intriguing perl tutorial at
>
>     http://www.pathologyinformatics.org/downloads/tutor.htm
>
> It is a large list of short examples,
> many with detailed commentary on what the example code does.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?
> Anybody have comments on it?

What is the advantage of a tutorial over a book? http://learn.perl.org
has two books listed which claim to be tutorials; "Learning Perl"
is one of them.

If the goal of using an online tutorial is to save money ("not buy a
book"), then allow me to recommend the excellent and free Beginning
Perl http://learn.perl.org/library/beginning_perl/ by Simon Cozens.

Belden