[oak perl] (fwd) 12 lessons

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Thu Mar 6 23:39:00 CST 2003

David A.:  Thanks!   -- George

Ladies and gentlemen,
the Oakland.pm ambassador to DC has made a request.
What say you?

All, My initial thoughts are that the outline is
generally a coherent suggestion given the stated aim.

Personally, I'd want a lot more context
before saying much more than that.
For example, I'd be interested in knowing:
1. What's the format of this course?
    E.g. One session a week? One session a month?
    E.g. Two hours per session or what?
2. Where does the impetus for this class come from?
    E.g. People who wish to take the class?
           People who think that other people should learn these things?
3. Is there a pool of teacher prospects for teaching this course?
    What kinds of backgrounds do they have?
    Are they eager to teach such a course?
4. What is the working definition of expert being used?
   How do you determine if someone is an expert?
(Hm, perhaps this context would be known to me,
if I were part of DC.pm.)
In any case, if the context has not been explicitly stated,
my #1 suggestion would be to do that.

      George