[oak perl] O'Reilly User Group Program

Belden Lyman blyman at iii.com
Mon Dec 23 13:31:33 CST 2002

George Woolley wrote:
> We are now a member of the O'Reilly User Group Program.
> This entitles us to certain benefits.
> For a bit more detail, see http://oakland.pm.org/detail/oreilly.html
>
> ThinkGeek Banners:
> http://ug.oreilly.com/banners/thinkgeek/
> \==========================================/
>
> Oh yeah, can anyone identify any of the people in the banners?
>    -- G

I think the guy with the Pringles can is Rob Flickenger;
I read an article on O'Reilly.com a few months back about
using a Pringles can as an 802.11 antenna. I think it was
by him; his book certainly talks about it.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/wirelesscommnet/index.html

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2001/05/03/longshot.html

Not the article I'm thinking of, but amusing nonetheless. If
we start having regular Oakland.pm meetings at Village Restaurant,
I might be inspired to try throwing my 802.11 signal about a block
to get us wireless access. Not for this first meeting though!  :o