[oak perl] What Talk Subject?

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Wed Dec 4 00:12:08 CST 2002

I asked Dan Meriwether (see http://www.delux.com)
if he would be willing to give our group a talk.
He said he would be glad to and suggested that he

> could talk on data munging (esp. HTML), writing web agents with LWP,
> Object Oriented perl, or, if not off-topic, defending a domain in a UDRP
> suit (http://www.delux.com/UDRP/) or some other such.

Personally, I'd be quite happy with any of the of above topics.
Actually, with Dan I'd probably be OK with almost any topic.

I said I'd get some feedback from our group.
Based on limited knowledge of the people in our group my initial thoughts are:
1) data munging (esp. HTML) - not good with focus on HTML
        because more than one person in our group is not interested in HTML.
        but if focused elsewhere, might be a good topic.
2) writing agents with LWP - good topic
3) OO perl - good topic, but too broad
        but when narrowing it, could be tricky to include everyone
        maybe Using and Writing OO Modules would work
4) defending a domain - not good
        because, as he suggests, it's off-topic

Your thoughts are welcomed and requested. Help!
I'm not attached to the above,
but it does reflect, roughly, my current awareness of the group.
So do let me and us know what you think.
    -- George