[HRPM] Free 386/486 to play with

Jeff Duffy jduffy at semcor.com
Tue Mar 28 11:37:25 CST 2000

All,

 I rescued an old 386 my neighbor was tossing this morning, as I know
some people would like to experiment with Linux/BSD as a firewall
component or router. It looks surprisingly unused and has a monitor,
keyboard, mouse, etc, but of course I can't say much other than it's
probably way too slow to run X or anything like that. It would make a
decent box to play around with routing / packet filtering / NAT and so
forth, though.

 I'll keep it for a few days to see if anyone wants it, otherwise I
don't have the space for long-term storage. I think he said it was
actually upgraded from a 386/16 to a 486/25 or 50, but don't bet on it.

 Let me know.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey A. Duffy