[Memphis.pm] beginner's perl presentation

Mark Turnage markturnage at bigfoot.com
Sun Apr 23 14:59:10 CDT 2000

  Phil, just wanted to thank you for the presentation Thursday. I've been
having a rough go of picking up Perl, owing a lot to some _really_ bad
programming classes years ago in college. I've figured out that I pick up
something a lot quicker if I can see examples or code and work it out myself.
To give you an idea, I'm having trouble working past the first few chapters of
Learning Perl, just because I need relevant (to me) examples.

  Anyway, seeing a really basic real-world example helped a lot.

  On that note, is there an archive somewhere of simple, almost brain-dead
scripts, heavy on the regular expressions?

Mark
with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.