[Memphis.pm] beginner's perl presentation

Jim Greer jgreer at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Apr 19 18:12:43 CDT 2000

* Phil Groce (phil_groce at cmcsmart.com) [000419 09:30]:
> Let's see if I have everything right:
>
> 1.  We'll have the inaugural Perl Mongers meeting a half-hour before the
> regular GOLUM meeting.
> 2.  I'll be doing a "Perl for beginners" talk, aimed at demonstrating Perl
> coding techniques to people with little Perl experience. Proposed length:
> 20 minutes.
>
> If someone could confirm the above (Jim, I suppose, or someone else with
> Autozone's keys :), I'd appreciate it. I'd like to post something to  the
> GOLUM list, as well, announcing the event and asking beginners what they'd
> like to see included. Currently, I'm thinking of doing some kind of "first
> 10 cool things about Perl", in the context of a simple program that evolves
> into a more complex program.

Phil,

30 minutes before is cool - say 7:00?  The GOLUM meeting really
*starts* at 7:30, though folks start showing up around 7:15 or so.

I'll do a post to the GOLUM list.

Jim

--
Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
gpg fingerprint = B06E 66CF 31B2 89B7 25ED  2923 01E3 057E 4565 F02D
with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.