[Memphis.pm] beginner's perl presentation

Keith W. Sheffield sheff at pobox.com
Sat Apr 22 15:52:41 CDT 2000

Mark Turnage wrote:

>   Phil, just wanted to thank you for the presentation Thursday. I've been
> having a rough go of picking up Perl, owing a lot to some _really_ bad
> programming classes years ago in college. I've figured out that I pick up
> something a lot quicker if I can see examples or code and work it out myself.
> To give you an idea, I'm having trouble working past the first few chapters of
> Learning Perl, just because I need relevant (to me) examples.
>
>   Anyway, seeing a really basic real-world example helped a lot.
>
>   On that note, is there an archive somewhere of simple, almost brain-dead
> scripts, heavy on the regular expressions?

>From what I've gleaned from comp.perl.misc, stay away from Matt's script
archive.  Apparently most of the scripts in that archive are quite
poorly written.

While they may not be on the simple side of things, I do like Randal
Swartz' Web Techniques page:

http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/

--
I will not live in a world without Spam.
Keith W. Sheffield sheff at pobox.com
with 'unsubscribe memphis-pm-list' in the body of the message.