[Melbourne-pm] Does anyone use Perl::Critic and Test::Perl::Critic

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Wed Mar 15 22:03:09 PST 2006

On 16/03/2006, at 16:53, Simon Taylor wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
>> I like the idea of Perl::Critic and have added it into my test code.
>
> I'm using it here via Module::Starter::PBP
>
> [snip]
>> On a similar note is CVS/RCS - The book says use CVS/RCS - the Rule
>> say you must have $Revision$, $Date$ etc at the top of every file -
>> they don't really match.
>
> I don't see this. I have a .pm file here with neither rcs nor cvs
> strings in
> it and perlcritic is silent on the matter.

Is your modules in CVS? If only checks for those strings if it is in
CVS/RCS.

> Do I need to have something else in my file to trigger the check for
> cvs/rcs strings?

Just being in CVS/RCS.

> Note that I haven't modified the local perlcritic rules here in any
> way,
> (but I will soon ;-) ..

:-)

I am trying to the bare minimum approach, changing some of my
practices and only changing the rules if I must (eg: the Parenthesis
rule & the postfix if - which I am using correctly according to PBP,
eg: flow control, but the tests don't pick it up).

Scooter