[Melbourne-pm] Does anyone use Perl::Critic and Test::Perl::Critic

leif.eriksen@hpa.com.au leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au
Wed Mar 15 22:34:29 PST 2006

Yes I used it with tidyview - but in a very naïve way - download, install, (run, fix)+....profit!!!

I agree, its defaults are a little off, I prefer ALL functions/methods to be called with parens. To me, this means there is no changing styles based on who supplied the function - a function from perl or a function I wrote. It also works well where the name of the method/function is in a variable e.g

 my @ordered   = sort(@allOverTheShop); # builtin
 my @extracted = filter($criteria, @heap);
 my @collected = $set->$picker(); # clear that $picker holds a method name