[LA.pm] Presenting in your text editor - "Vroom" and "eslide"

Tommy Stanton tommystanton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 09:22:12 PDT 2010

Last night I gave my presentation inside of vim.  This is made
possible with Ingy's CPAN module, "Vroom" [0] [1].

Vroom renders plain text files that are then loaded as buffers inside of vim.

An example of my presentation source code is in a tarball [2].  My
little bit of Vroom customization is available in my home git
repository [3].

Randal asked if there is an equivalent for GNU Emacs.  I haven't tried
it, but I think the equivalent is Jonathan Rockway's "eslide" [4] [5].
 You'll notice that an *.esl file looks very similar to a slides.vroom
file.

-Tommy

[0] http://search.cpan.org/dist/Vroom/lib/Vroom.pm
[1] Example slides.vroom source from a presentation by Ingy:
http://github.com/ingydotnet/acmeism-yapcna2010-talk/blob/master/slides.vroom
[2] http://tommystanton.com/presentations/20100908-Tommy_Stanton-App-Git-HomeSync.tar.gz
[3] http://tommystanton.com/git/home.git/tree/.vroom/vimrc
[4] http://github.com/jrockway/eslide
[5] Example eslide source from a presentation by Rockway:
http://www.jrock.us/yapc-na-2009-kioku.esl