[LA.pm] (no subject)

Christopher Nielsen christopher.nielsen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:50:48 PDT 2009

> Hello from Japan, la.pm:

> I'm going to be giving a talk at YAPC::Asia tomorrow on the COMET server I
> wrote, and I was wondering if you guys could do a quick beta test of the new
> demo I wrote for it.

6:44am Wednesday (JST) - ow... :)  (ohaio, my sympathies)

> After you get the latest Stardust installed, type: stardust.pl --demo
> and try out the Colorful Boxes demo.
>
> If it fails horribly, let me know.  However, for the time being, I don't
> care whether it works in IE or not.  ;) --beppu

It works great on Firefox 3.5.2 and SuSE Linux 11:

    - I was able to send message to it with curl, and get them to show
up on the page
    - Make the boxes turn color from green to blue by mousing over.
    - I don't know if it counts but:
        * sometimes it skipped a box if I moved the mouse too fast
        * I wasn't able to change the color of the boxes if i changed
the #aabb letters
          (or maybe i misunderstood)

Best of luck at YAPC::Asia!  Break a leg! (hopefully not yours)

-Chris

christopher.nielsen at gmail.com
http://rhythm.com/