[LA.pm] hollywood.pm.org

Peter Benjamin pete at peterbenjamin.com
Wed Feb 1 22:47:24 PST 2006

At 05:08 PM 2/1/2006, Robin Rowe wrote:
>gone away due to lack of interest. He plainly doubted another group here
>could be supported. When I pointed out that Los Angeles is a 465 square
>mile area, Dave said that London is 600 square miles and served very
>well by just one Perl group.

The difference of housing density between London and LA.
LA is wall to wall houses.  London is mostly grass from
what I saw on the train leaving the "city" of London.

But the LA PM meeting centroid is Hollywood to date.
There have been Santa Monica meetings (I missed that
one due to conflict), SFV meetings, and meetings
near downtown.

>support at pm.org wrote me to suggest I should volunteer my time to work
>for Robert, apparently in a belief that putting incompatible
>personalities on the same team could result in harmony.

I vote for you posting when and where and who on what is speaking,
and I believe they will come.

BTW, Robin runs the Linux Movies Group.  For how many years now?
5?  6?  So, Robin does know how to get speakers, venues, and
post about meetings.  He's got the track record.  I've been to
a half dozen meetings of his to date.

I believe he would have monthly meetings for year after year.

What I did not know was Robin was a monger.
Welcome to the group.