[LA.pm] LA.pm Tech Talk-09-06-06-Luke Kanies - Why You Should Use Ruby

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Mon Aug 28 13:10:12 PDT 2006

 Time to stir things up at the LA.pm!

 Luke Kanies will present...

  Why You Should Use Ruby
Plan to stay afterward to get a bite in a local restaurant.

We have a special speaker this month! Luke Kanies stirred things up with a
recent article (USENIX, April 2006) "Why You Should Use Ruby." With Luke's
heavy experience in perl and recent work in Ruby, he's a great person to
talk about what he sees as the strengths and weaknesses of both
languages/platforms. Remember, this isn't a celebrity roast! It's an open
discussion on our favorite language and a recent contender!

Date / Time :
 Wednesday, September 6th, 2006; 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m
Luke has a very tight schedule
and he's been nice enough to squeeze us in during a trip to LA so
please arrive on time if possible.

Location:
Ticketmaster's Movie Theater
8800 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Practical information you should know....

Please arrive a few minutes early if you can. I realize that traffic can be
difficult in LA but we're going to start as close to 7:00 p.m. as possible.
Ticketmaster is located on the southeast corner of Sunset Blvd. and Palm
Avenue. At night, it is hard to see the 8800 number on our red brick
building so be careful you don't drive past. Parking is off of Palm Avenue.
Please see the map link below for our location. When you arrive, please pull
into our parking structure below our building unless you like getting
parking tickets ;)

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q
<http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=8800+w.+sunset+blvd.+west+hollywood,
+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=34.092934,-118.380542&spn=0.025482,0.054245>
&hl=en&q=8800+w.+sunset+blvd.+west+hollywood,+ca&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=34.092934,-
118.380542&spn=0.025482,0.054245

RSVP Please

Finally, if you plan to attend, please RSVP to the link below. It is very
helpful for us to know how many people will arrive so we can make the
necessary plans.

 <http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/tcc@ticketmaster.com/techtalk-090606>
http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/tcc@ticketmaster.com/techtalk-090606

If you have any other questions, you can contact me directly.

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
310-360-2436
 <mailto:tcc at ticketmaster.com> tcc at ticketmaster.com