[LA.pm] Fwd: PriceGrabber.com Sr. Software Engr

William Yardley lapm at veggiechinese.net
Tue Aug 22 16:00:35 PDT 2006

We're apparently hiring as well...

***************

PriceGrabber.com

Senior Software Engineer

Located in Los Angeles, PriceGrabber.com is a leading online comparison
shopping service that helps over 18 million consumers quickly and
effectively find the items they are seeking along with researching products,
services, sellers, and prices prior to making a purchase decision.
PriceGrabber.com, a rapidly growing, highly profitable, private Internet
company founded in 1999, was recently named the 5th fastest growing
technology company nationwide by the Deloitte Fast 500 and has received
numerous other industry awards.

Our systems are the core of the PriceGrabber.com enterprise - we build the
engine that drives a great user interface and experience!  Our success is
based on hiring talented people and we are seeking a full time Senior
Software Engineer to help us develop innovative applications.

Responsibilities:

*	Design and implement new solutions, or refine and optimize existing
code in the core layer of the system
*	Develop and maintain applications written in Perl and PHP, operating
in a Linux, Apache, and MySQL environment

Required skills:

*	Thorough software engineering experience (minimum 6 years) designing
and implementing large scale distributed systems
*	Expert knowledge of Perl (minimum 5 years)
*	Expert knowledge of SQL and relational database experience (minimum
5 years)
*	Thorough knowledge of Linux
*	Good knowledge of Apache and HTML
*	Good software architecture and debugging skills
*	Ability to work collaboratively in a shared code environment
*	Ability to work effectively with evolving requirements and minimal
supervision
*	Good communication skills

To express interest in this position, please send resume and code samples to
jobs at pricegrabber.com and write "Senior Software Engineer" in the subject
line.