LPM: offtopic -- meeting and group interaction

Ronald Edward Petty repett0 at sac.uky.edu
Thu Sep 7 13:41:54 CDT 2000

My name is Ron Petty from UKLUG and UK ACM.  We have finally started
producing some projects...(soon to all be documented on the web site)
http://www.uklug.net.

I know this isn't perl related, but listen before you flame me.

I have managed to final meet some of your upper crust and like what your
group is doing.  Our membership appears to be skyrocking lately.  And I
have a semi-formal proposal for you.

In the hopes of making UK a top 20 research institution we (UKLUG & ACM)
are trying to give students and kentucky (anyone) citizens some new
oppurtunities(misspelled).  In a nutshell we would like to have all the
technology groups in the state have some kind of formal correspodence and
shared projects.  We know this isn't for everyone but....

Someone in your group mentioned maybe hosting a joint conference. (YES
WERE FOR THAT).  The possibilities are endless. We dont per say have a set
aggenda.  We thought for about a year and came to the conclusion.  If we
are going to work with all the groups in Kentucky everyone should have a
say.

So for a start we would like to hear your interest in such ativities.  And
if so help us form a committee(members from all groups) to start steering
this in the right direction.

Thanks
Ron Petty