LPM: offtopic -- meeting and group interaction

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Thu Sep 7 14:13:24 CDT 2000

At 02:41 PM 9/7/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>In the hopes of making UK a top 20 research institution we (UKLUG & ACM)
>are trying to give students and kentucky (anyone) citizens some new
>oppurtunities(misspelled).  In a nutshell we would like to have all the
>technology groups in the state have some kind of formal correspodence and
>shared projects.
>So for a start we would like to hear your interest in such ativities.  And
>if so help us form a committee(members from all groups) to start steering
>this in the right direction.

Sounds like an exciting project, Ron.

You might consider tapping into CKCS's (Central Kentucky Computer Society)
breadth.  I believe they quite widely recognized in the region, with
subgroups reflecting many aspects of computing.  Paul Stackhouse
<pstackhouse at ket.org> can offer more insight on CKCS than I can.

-dave

--
David Hempy