LPM: Volunteers needed

Joe Hourcle oneiros at dcr.net
Tue Jul 27 14:01:36 CDT 1999

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Mik Firestone wrote:

> Rich, one of the other ideas that had been discussed was a 'Bring your perl
> problems and many of us will try to solve them' ( somewhat in the fashion of
> monkeys writing Shakespeare :) session.

Oh, sure, just compare us to monkeys.
As much as I dislike the 'open source' hype, it fits more into that
category:

	From "The Cathedral and the Bazaar", by ESR:

	8. Given a large enough beta-tester and co-developer base, almost
	every problem will be characterized quickly and the fix obvious to
	someone.

(ie, as we all have different backgrounds and different approaches towards
coding, someone else might have insight into your problem)

> If nobody speaks up for the 'expert' section, we may want to see if this idea
> actually works.

Sounds good to me, even if I don't have any major problems right now.

-----
Joe Hourcle
Digital Crescent, Inc.