LPM: August meeting

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Thu Jul 29 14:08:03 CDT 1999

OK, unless someone speaks up to the contrary, here's the agenda for the
August meeting.

August 9th, 6pm
Lexington Community College (Directions will be available on the web
site)
Bring $5 for pizza.

6:00 pm, or as shortly after that as possible:
	Rich Bowen: DBI - Talking to your databases with Perl. Brief how-to on
installing Perl on Win32, and installing Perl modules on Win32. Anyone
else with experience on DBI is encouraged to bring example code, tricks,
and tips.

6:45 pm. Pizza and general Perl-ish discussion.

7:30 pm. Many Monkeys - Bring your Perl questions and dilemmas, and
allow many monkeys to bang on them, and suggest solutions. A door prize
of Perl Poetry Magnets will be given to either the most fiendishly
difficult problem that nobody can solve, or the most fiendishly clever
solution.

By the way, in the "Many Monkeys" theme, I read a quote recently,
something along the lines of: Conventional wisdom has it that an
infinite number of monkeys pounding on an infinite number of keyboards
will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the
Internet, we now know that is not true.

I'll make a poster and put it up on the www.lexington.pm web site in the
next hour or so. Please download a copy and put it up in your place of
work, public restrooms, and whereever else you think it would do the
most good.

Rich
--
It seems to me as we make our own few circles 'round the sun
We get it backwards and our seven years go by like one