LPM: August 9th meeting

David Hempy hempy at ket.org
Thu Jul 22 13:58:31 CDT 1999

Okay, it's official.  We've got a room here at KET on Monday, August 9th
from 6:00 pm.  It will seat around 20, has Internet access and a big screen
TV.  There is a Win95 machine for our use, or a network connection if you
care to bring your own.

The machine doesn't have Perl on it, but I can see about having it
installed by then if anyone requests it.  Would it be a worthwhile venture
to install Perl on it during the beginner section?  I suspect that wouldn't
leave much time for DBI discussion, which I'm keenly interested in.  I'll
also make sure it's got a telnet client installed.

KET is located in the shadow of UK's football stadium, next to LCC.  From
Nicholasville Road/South Limestone, turn east onto Cooper Drive.  (Turning
west puts you onto Waller Avenue...not good.)  Go through two lights and
admire the big KET building on the right at 600 Cooper Drive, the last
thing before the tree-laden subdivision.  (Don't be fooled by the little
KET building...you want the big KET building.)  Park anywhere and enter
near the flag pole.  Sign in and the security guard will point you in the
right direction.  If you arrive late and the guard has gone on his rounds,
walk back toward the street and go to the corner of the building closest to
the tennis courts and tap on the glass doors.

We'll take a head count and order pizza or similar at 6:15.

-dave

--
David Hempy
Internet Database Administrator