LPM: August 9th meeting

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Thu Jul 22 14:47:31 CDT 1999

David Hempy wrote:

> Okay, it's official.  We've got a room here at KET on Monday, August 9th
> from 6:00 pm.

I'll try to make up a poster tonight, unless someone else beats me to
it. It never hurts to have two ...

> The machine doesn't have Perl on it, but I can see about having it
> installed by then if anyone requests it.  Would it be a worthwhile venture
> to install Perl on it during the beginner section?  I suspect that wouldn't
> leave much time for DBI discussion, which I'm keenly interested in.  I'll
> also make sure it's got a telnet client installed.

I have ActivePerl on CD, and it takes all of 3 minutes to install it.
Most of that time is spent generating HTML documentation from POD, which
it actually does at install time. Kinda cool.

So, uh, what's the agenda? Who's talking on what?

Rich
--
It seems to me as we make our own few circles 'round the sun
We get it backwards and our seven years go by like one