[JaxPM] Group Project Annoucement

JONES, WILLIAM C wcjones at exchange.fccj.org
Tue May 1 09:10:34 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er "JONES, WILLIAM C" <wcjones at exchange.fccj.org> wrote -

 No spec per se, but they do have a published API.

:)

Let's make the specs for a new distance learning, courseware delivery
system:

1)  Must be designed with Open Source in mind.
2)  Must be free of all copyrights and liens. (IE, if you're not willing to
give it away - then you may not want to contribute - unless we are talking
about YACDSC ???)
3)  Must be interoperable with other delivery methods - Hmmm, the two major
players are using IMS/XML to export their databases.  We shall see on that
one...
4)  Should use SOAP to speak with other SOAP aware systems.
5) ...

Please chime in here folks (even you lurkers  :)

-Sneex- :]

PS - About visiting other countries - having been to a few (Germany, S.
Korea, Panama, etc.) I would say that visiting alone if most of the fun.
But I suppose I am an adventurer at heart.

PPS - Defined:  Adventure, verb, an unplanned trip into the unknown - can
somtimes be disenchanting, but nevertheless - FUN  :)

OK OK, it was during the time I was in the Army, and there were many other
just likew me in the same boat.  OK, Steve, one of us will hold your hand -
we promise  :)