[JaxPM] Coding without a net

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Wed Jun 14 20:50:19 CDT 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

Well, really, without a Camel or a Panther.  Or even a Llama.

I'm missing something here.  I'm sure it'll be obvious when one of you
points out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm trying to assign an anonymous array as the value in a hash.

%hash = ( 'key1' => ('v1a', 'v1b'),
          'key2' => ('v2a', 'v2b')  );

# therefore $hash{'key1'}[0] will equal 'v1a', etc.

So what I'm missing is the way to tell Perl that the inner ()s should be
treated as an anonymous hash.  I just can't think of the syntax to do
that.  Arrrrgh.