[JaxPM] log checking script once again

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Fri Jun 16 17:44:37 CDT 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Nate Campi <nate at campin.net> wrote -

I fixed it.

I just needed a check like this:

         # if we already have this message in the hash, just append the
time it's reported
        if ( ${ $hostname }{$message} ) {
                # the value is the time with a leading comma
                ${ $hostname }{$message} .= ", $msg[2]";
        } else {
                 # if this is the first time this message is reported,
                 #  put the month and day at the beginning
                ${ $hostname }{$message} = "$month $day ";
                ${ $hostname }{$message} .= "$msg[2]";
        }

This added the month and day into the message. I just never quite thought
of it in the right way until I looked at it again today.

Thanks, guys.

OBTW, Bill,
I eliminate the duplicates to shorten the output. Since I have the report
running on a central syslog host, we could potentilly have quite a few
host logging to it. Right now we have about 2 dozen logging to it, so
compacting the output is crucial.

Thanks again,

--
Nate