HELLO? [Was Re: Weekly Perl Script]

Steve Lane sml at zfx.com
Tue Jun 8 12:13:19 CDT 1999

On the Jax.PM jacksonville-pm-list;
Steve Lane <sml at zfx.com> wrote -

j proctor wrote:
> Introduce yourself.  Make some list traffic.  Some
> people don't get nearly enough useless noise junk mail in their mailboxes.
> I'm not actually one of them, but I'm trying to be helpful here.

ok.  i'm Steve Lane, and live in east Tennessee.
i belong to Knoxville.pm, and will shortly be creating
a .pm group a little closer to where i live.  i'm
browsing/lurking on several .pm mailing lists to:

- get an idea of what i want to do with my .pm group(s)
- get an idea of what the Perl "culture" is like in
  various parts of the country, if i move to a larger
  city someday.

i use Perl every day, and get paid a reasonable amount
(for my area of the country) for it.  i'm going
to yapc in a couple of weeks, and am greatly looking
forward to that.

of course, if you folks don't want an "outsider"
hanging around, just let me know...
--
Steve Lane <sml at zfx.com>

The Jacksonville Perl Monger's Group is operated by -
Bill -Sneex- Jones ( sneex at usa.net ),