HELLO? [Was Re: Weekly Perl Script]

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Tue Jun 8 12:33:44 CDT 1999

On the Jax.PM jacksonville-pm-list;
j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

> - get an idea of what i want to do with my .pm group(s)
> - get an idea of what the Perl "culture" is like in
>   various parts of the country, if i move to a larger
>   city someday.

New York and Boston are both interesting to watch.  It's amazing that
they're so completely different, and there's actually several people that
are regulars on both lists.

> i'm going
> to yapc in a couple of weeks, and am greatly looking
> forward to that.

Heh.  That's the week I'm going to Jacksonville and Atlanta.

> of course, if you folks don't want an "outsider"
> hanging around, just let me know...

Check my email address.  Hint: UMass is closer to Canada than you are.
But this is cool: at least a quarter of the "established" Perl culture in
Jacksonville isn't anywhere near there.

The Jacksonville Perl Monger's Group is operated by -
Bill -Sneex- Jones ( sneex at usa.net ),