[pm-h] Net-SFTP-Foreign-Tempdir-Extract

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 09:03:11 PDT 2014

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I find that Moo eliminates most of the boilerplate "smart" code initialization you talk about in Package::New documentation and it empowers me to use Roles as a means of separating concerns for reusable code in a library that doesn't rely on inheritance based dispatch. Roles are really powerful and unfortunately undervalued in programming, generally.

I really like doing something like

has [qw(foo bar baz)] => (
   is => "ro",
   default => 1,
   lazy => 1,
);

The one thing that bugs me a ton about Moo is strictures fatalizing warnings. As soon as that gets fixed upstream like mst promised at YAPC in June I will be a happy Moo camper. In the meantime, I use Moo::Lax.

Mark