[Edinburgh-pm] New admin rqd for Edinburgh PM site - was Re: Web site needs updating?

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 02:48:53 PDT 2012

Murray <perl at minty.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:36:22PM +0100, Rory Macdonald wrote:
>> Would those interested in taking up admin of the site make themselves
>> known here, so that collectively a decision on that front can be made?
>
> On the basis that any significant decisions would be handled via doodle poll or
> similar, I'm happy to handle the admin behind it.

Thanks very much for volunteering.  Pretty much anyone who's willing
to do the work gets my vote. :-)

> I also like the idea of getting the relevant website bits onto github, if they
> aren't already.

Yes, that sounds like a great idea — reduce the friction for people to
tweak things that they think could be improved.

> In short, I'm up for it so long as it's minimal work.

Understandable; I've got pretty much the same view.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to plan for a time-limited term, as it
were.  Maybe sign up to do the work for a year at a time, with the
expectation that it'll be someone else's turn after that?  I'd be
happy to take a website rotation, too.

> ps. Rory -- hope you are well, long time, etc ... and fwiw, thanks for handling
> this thus far :)

Absolutely, huge thanks for the work you've done, Rory.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/