[columbus.pm] Perl 6, Perl Gods, and Free Food.

HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com
Mon May 5 16:19:01 CDT 2003

> Don't do any research, just have Larry speak at the next meeting Mr.
access:)

You don't think this isn't on MY question list? How cool would that be? :-)

But, I don't see him until the Beginning of June, so I may still have to do
the research :-( ...

                                        MOTD for Mon May 5 09:41:54 2003

                                  "The truth is more important than the facts."

                                                                                - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

               brought to you by a herd of scripting camels

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |               "Charles Day"          |
|         |               <Charles.Day at s1te.com> |
|         |                                      |
|         |               Sent by:               |
|         |               owner-columbus-pm-list@|
|         |               pm.org                 |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |               05/05/2003 03:47 PM    |
|         |               Please respond to      |
|         |               columbus-pm-list       |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                    |
  | T                                                                                                                  |
  | To:   <columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org>                                                                       |
  | cc:                                                                                                                |
  |                                                                                                                    |
  | bcc:                                                                                                               |
  | Subject:                                          Re: [columbus.pm] Perl 6, Perl Gods, and Free Food.              |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Don't do any research, just have Larry speak at the next meeting Mr.
access:)

Sorry I missed the last.  I picked up a golf job on Tuesday nights.

I like the food idea.  We can always order a couple pies if there's no
freebie's.

One question I'd like to ask, why is upgrading Perl so painful?  I always
have to
reload all my mod_perl stuff after an upgrade, which is usually 50 or so
modules.
Thank goodness for cpan> install

Charles

> I don't have anyone specific to talk on Perl 6. We can do it one of two
ways. I
> can go out and do a bunch of research on what's out there and bring some
info. and
> demos. Or we can split the subject up into some
> sub-categories and have several members talk on it.
>
> Some sub categories might be:
> Why Perl 6
> What changes in Perl 6
> What is added in Perl 6
> When will it be available in Production Quality
> Who are the Major Players
> Where can you get it
> Parrot?
> Where to Find More Information
>       - What does it mean (apocolypses)
> Cool Parrot Demos
>
> Send a message to the group if you'd like to tackle one of these Perl 6
sub topics
> for the May meeting. (or if you want to add your own)
>
> ==========================
>
> Also, I will have access to these people at the end of May. These are the
Gods of
> all things Perl. What questions do you have for them? I'll bring the
answers to
> our June meeting (and post them some time after that.). Post your
questions to the
> group.
>
> Also, I was thinking about collecting your favorite Perl book to be
signed by one
> or more of the following authors. (ie, have your programming perl book
signed by
> Larry Wall). Let me know if you are interested in such a thing.
>
> Damian Conway
> Simon Cozens
> Mark-Jason Dominus
> Lawrence Miller
> Jeff "japhy" Pinyan
> Allison Randal
> Randal Schwartz
> Larry Wall
> Casey West
>
> ==========================
>
> Finally, thought about adding food to our meetings since it is during the
usual
> dinner time. I am in the process of looking for sponsors to provide such
> nurishment. Let me know if you know someone who would like to buy (pizza,
pop,
> subs, wings, etc.) for our next meeting.

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list