[columbus.pm] Perl 6, Perl Gods, and Free Food.

Charles Day Charles.Day at s1te.com
Mon May 5 14:47:25 CDT 2003

Don't do any research, just have Larry speak at the next meeting Mr. access:)

Sorry I missed the last.  I picked up a golf job on Tuesday nights.

I like the food idea.  We can always order a couple pies if there's no freebie's.

One question I'd like to ask, why is upgrading Perl so painful?  I always have to
reload all my mod_perl stuff after an upgrade, which is usually 50 or so modules.
Thank goodness for cpan> install

Charles

> I don't have anyone specific to talk on Perl 6. We can do it one of two ways. I
> can go out and do a bunch of research on what's out there and bring some info. and
> demos. Or we can split the subject up into some
> sub-categories and have several members talk on it.
>
> Some sub categories might be:
> Why Perl 6
> What changes in Perl 6
> What is added in Perl 6
> When will it be available in Production Quality
> Who are the Major Players
> Where can you get it
> Parrot?
> Where to Find More Information
>       - What does it mean (apocolypses)
> Cool Parrot Demos
>
> Send a message to the group if you'd like to tackle one of these Perl 6 sub topics
> for the May meeting. (or if you want to add your own)
>
> ==========================
>
> Also, I will have access to these people at the end of May. These are the Gods of
> all things Perl. What questions do you have for them? I'll bring the answers to
> our June meeting (and post them some time after that.). Post your questions to the
> group.
>
> Also, I was thinking about collecting your favorite Perl book to be signed by one
> or more of the following authors. (ie, have your programming perl book signed by
> Larry Wall). Let me know if you are interested in such a thing.
>
> Damian Conway
> Simon Cozens
> Mark-Jason Dominus
> Lawrence Miller
> Jeff "japhy" Pinyan
> Allison Randal
> Randal Schwartz
> Larry Wall
> Casey West

> Finally, thought about adding food to our meetings since it is during the usual
> dinner time. I am in the process of looking for sponsors to provide such
> nurishment. Let me know if you know someone who would like to buy (pizza, pop,
> subs, wings, etc.) for our next meeting.

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list