[Chicago-talk] parsing lines

Jay S me at heyjay.com
Tue Apr 23 10:27:05 PDT 2024

my thought was a single column, each row is a column.
8 rows concatenated = a single row

Although when cut-n-paste - there is a lot of stuff that doesn't follow the
8 rows to a line.

Long story short
Someone printed an Excel spreadsheet to PDF (I think this is what happened)
Now I want the spreadsheet, but you can't cut-n-paste the spreadsheet out
of the PDF

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 10:58 AM David Mertens <dcmertens.perl at gmail.com>
wrote:

> PDL is absolutely the wrong tool for this. It does not handle strings in
> anything resembling a sensible approach. After all, pure perl can handle
> thousands of these manipulations just fine and plenty quick.
>
> Jay, what is the potential input into your Perl script/one-liner? A PDF
> document? An Excel spreadsheet with a bunch of vertical columns (presumably
> not)?
>
> David
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 10:38 AM J L <joel.limardo at forwardphase.com> wrote:
>

>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21433364/use-perl-pdl-to-rotate-a-matrix
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 8:18 AM Jay S <me at heyjay.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I'm looking for an easy script / one liner.
>>>
>>> I cut-n-pasted a table inside PDF.
>>> When I paste into excel it throws it all vertical
>>>
>>> How can I easily take N lines, and throw them horizontally?
>>> (note I need to do this 1000s of times, so I can't manually transpose in
>>> excel)
>>>
>>> Thank you mucho in advance
>>>
>>> for example:
>>>
>>> Company