[Chicago-talk] parsing lines

J L joel.limardo at forwardphase.com
Wed Apr 24 10:52:28 PDT 2024

Once upon a time I would endeavor to look up some fine code and help people
solve their Perl problems. I learned better. People need to show me how far
along they've gotten and some evidence that they are trying to actually
learn the language for me to care that much.

Otherwise I am just coding against specifications and they have a name for
that: a job.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 10:58 AM David Mertens <dcmertens.perl at gmail.com>
wrote:

> PDL is absolutely the wrong tool for this. It does not handle strings in
> anything resembling a sensible approach. After all, pure perl can handle
> thousands of these manipulations just fine and plenty quick.
>
> Jay, what is the potential input into your Perl script/one-liner? A PDF
> document? An Excel spreadsheet with a bunch of vertical columns (presumably
> not)?
>
> David
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 10:38 AM J L <joel.limardo at forwardphase.com> wrote:
>

>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21433364/use-perl-pdl-to-rotate-a-matrix
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 8:18 AM Jay S <me at heyjay.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I'm looking for an easy script / one liner.
>>>
>>> I cut-n-pasted a table inside PDF.
>>> When I paste into excel it throws it all vertical
>>>
>>> How can I easily take N lines, and throw them horizontally?
>>> (note I need to do this 1000s of times, so I can't manually transpose in
>>> excel)
>>>
>>> Thank you mucho in advance
>>>
>>> for example:
>>>
>>> Company