[Chicago-talk] parsing lines

David Mertens dcmertens.perl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 08:57:43 PDT 2024

PDL is absolutely the wrong tool for this. It does not handle strings in
anything resembling a sensible approach. After all, pure perl can handle
thousands of these manipulations just fine and plenty quick.

Jay, what is the potential input into your Perl script/one-liner? A PDF
document? An Excel spreadsheet with a bunch of vertical columns (presumably
not)?

David