[Chicago-talk] Looking for places for a hackathon

Elias Lutfallah eli at mortgagefolder.com
Mon Jul 17 00:16:57 PDT 2006

The main question is what is the budget?

There are some places where you can rent a big furnished house for a
weekend. 3-4 bedrooms, a couple of full baths. Having a full kitchen at
your disposal would be nice. If people take shifts in the beds or bring a
bedroll that might suffice.

I have seen some out near Galena. A nice pastoral setting would be an
interesting setting for a hackathon.

> Pete and I are looking around for places we could have a midwest area
> hackathon.
>
> We'd need to put up 10-30 folks for a weekend retreat.  Basically,
> we'd have people fly in from around the country, and we'd live at
> this place 24/7 programming on projects.  Come in Friday, leave
> Sunday late, or Monday morning, I suspect.
>
> We need wi-fi Internet, a couple of meeting rooms, and sleeping rooms
> for maybe half of the attendees.
>
> Any suggestions?  I don't know the area at all for this type of thing.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy
>
> --
> Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance