[Chicago-talk] Two positions for Perl programmers in McHenry, IL

Jim Thomason thomasoniii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:58:00 CDT 2004

> For those of you who weren't at Andy's talk on the 1st, allow me to cover
> some highlights for you if you're interested in applying:

Here's another good general job tip as it was related to me by a
person interviewing a candidate. This gentleman interviewed for a
position and thought it appropriate to bring up the fact that he had
written a program to scour usenet to find posts made by "his enemies"
so he could then flag and archive said posts to use against said
enemies at an undisclosed point in the future. He felt this was a good
example of his programming prowess.

Citing examples like this are sure to make you a memorable applicant
that stands out in the mind of a potential employer!

-Jim....