[boulder.pm] DSL in Boulder

Luke Palmer fibonaci at babylonia.flatirons.org
Mon Sep 16 05:20:53 CDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Bill Skitt wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I know this is off topic but I thought this was the best place to look for
> advise. I live at 30th and Aurora and have DSL through Qwest/MSN. I pay for
> 256/256 and realistically get 25kbps either way. Qwest screwed me out of my
> student discount and those speeds are terrible so I'm looking to cancel my
> service with them, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with other
> providers in the area, and could offer me some advise or suggestions on my
> options?

I use AT&T Cable.  I like it: Stable connection (I can count on my speed
being pretty much the same at any time), usually 150 k/s, or 350 k/s off
Sun :). I pay $40/month.

I've heard the satellite isn't bad either, but I don't have any experience
with which to guide you. $30/month from what I've heard.

Luke