Roll Call. . .

J. Scot Ridgway scot at ridgways.org
Mon Nov 15 21:55:49 CST 1999

Alrighty then!

Ideas are good so far...

A coupla others might be:

Perl Programming contests:

	1) 	Frozen Perl contest--guess when the perl will melt based
		on pseudo-random enviro data, ala Nenana Classic.

		Difficult to set-up but could be fun, not so much a
		measure of programming skill as means of generating
		interest.

	2)	Create a program to accomplish some "silly" task using
		ONLY a very limited list of functions--or the like.

How about a list of our top three perl books?

Mine: (Camel book is a given)

	Effective Perl Programming--Joe Hall
	Advanced Perl Programming--Sriam Srinivasan
	Mastering Algorithms with Perl--Orwant, et al

Or three favorite modules:

	DBI
	CGI
	mod_perl (Apache)